Friday, November 28, 2008

Pre-Thanksgiving Tradition

For the last 10 years or so, you could find me at First Avenue the Wednesday night before Thanksgiving. This year was no different.

The first 4 or 5 years Soul Asylum was playing, over the last 5 years it has become Ike Reilly's show. You never know what you will get with him. The shows are always good, but some shows he is drunker than others. This show he was a medium drunk. Sounds almost Replacements-ish.

This year my brother Ryan was able to go with me. He doesn't get to go to shows too often anymore since he is busy running his pizza place, Bella Pizza in Inver Grove Heights. We stopped in at Glueks to have a beer or two and I got the buffalo wings. This used to be one of our pre-concert stops before we headed into First Ave. Tweet and I would always grab an order of buffalo wings and quesadillas and a couple of tall beers.

I decided on the way out to get Anika a little something

Maybe someday she can join daddy for the pre-Thanksgiving tradition.

No comments: