Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Road Trip

Anika went on her first road trip this past weekend. We went to visit her uncle Marty, aunt Donna and cousin Finnegan. It was a weekend of many firsts. First time to Wisconsin, first time in Madison, first speeding ticket, first time in a car for more than four hours...oh the speeding ticket, you want to know more? Ok. About halfway through the trip, I get pulled over. I guess I was clocked at 84mph in a 65. I had no idea I was going that fast, Mary's car is smoother and quiter than mine, and there was hardly any one on the road. Luckily the officer put me down as 80 which saved me $100, so the ticket was only $186.00...ouch.

Other than that the weekend was great. Anika got to spend time with Finn who just loved her up. At one point he told his dad when they were outside riding bikes, "Dad, I think I need to go inside, Anika is getting lonely for me". Here is Finn giving Anika a bottle.

Anika also loved hanging with Donna and Marty at the Olbrich Botanical gardens where they had her laughing and smiling all afternoon. I would post a picture or two of that but we forgot our cameras at the house, you will just have to trust me.

No comments: